Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Naturalista's High Bun

Hey peeps! I feel like it has been so long since I have blogged and even longer since I blogged about hair. Recently I received a few comments on my Hair Style of the Week posts (thank you all for reading and commenting) as well as some questions about hair styles which made me realize that I need to find some more quick and easy hair styles! Speaking of hair, I should also let you all know that I have took my kinky twists out this past weekend.  The end result? My hair ( mainly the back) was SUPER dry which was a bit disheartening.  I plan on sitting under my hair  steamer with some olive oil in an attempt to moisturize my strands sometime this week. In the mean time I am rocking mini twists which I pin up daily.  After taking my kinky twists out I swore that I wouldn't put synthetic hair back in my head anytime soon. That is until yesterday when my sister walked out of the house with a fabulous high bun with a sweep bang that she created with "Marley hair".

There are a thousand brands that make Marley Hair, this is just one!

Yes, the same type of hair I used for my kinky twists. It looked great. My cousin (another naturalista) even had to stop and ask my sis if she made the bun from an old twist out. I regret not taking pictures of it but I did find some similar styles on google (I love google, btw).

Click here for more pics of the style from blogger Jenell of KinkycoilyCurlyMe


Source
Source
Source (picture and video tutorial)
I hate to be a natural hair style bandwagonist BUT I'm impressed! Who knew five dollars worth of synthetic hair could give you so many style options. I can't wait until I wash my hair to try this style out! Interested in giving the Marley Bun a whirl? Try looking at these YT videos from Miss Vaughn, KinkyCoilyCurlyMe, and MissGlamourGirl1992. for some assistance:





Send me a pic if you try it!

-Nelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...