Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Trinidad Carnival 2014--The Reviews: SCORCH

SCORCH FETE RULES

NO REFUSAL OF SHOTS,

NO FASHION FCUK UPS,

NO SLOPPINESS,

NO DRAMA,

NO SOCIAL/SOUR VIBES,

NO TICKET NO ENTRY,

NO COMPS,
NO LIST AT DOOR



No matter the location- Trinidad, Miami, Barbados--SCORCH typically doesn't disappoint. And Scorch Carnival Saturday was no exception. Customer service was a 10. There were plenty of people around to make sure you were safe, fed, and intoxicated (or at least nice). They even upgraded the "Scorch Shot" by adding shot glasses for the folks who have a hard time taking that bottle to the head! If you came hungry (I usually forget to eat  regularly during carnival... so this is  important for me) you were able to choose from a variety of items like Cold Stone Creamery,  Corn Soup, Doubles, Phoulorie, Fried Chicken, Aunt Anne's Pretzels, Fire Stix.... Fire Stix...Fire Stix...yea so about those Fire Stix


I have to pause here to confess my absolute obsession addiction to Fire Stix. Last year during carnival I saw a few Fire Stix here and there. I think I may have even have had one  or two BUT this year at Scorch I realized how awesome they were. What  exactly is a Fire Stix? Made with the infamous Puncheon  (overproof) Trini rum this popsicle is about 20% alcohol by volume and DELICIOUS. (Special note for the Puncheon Girl who refused to give me more than one Fire Stix on Carnival Tuesday. I am not sorry for the side eye I gave you or the 10 Fire Stix I took 60 seconds later #addictionisreal )

This is how I spent most of Carnival Monday and Tuesday....obsessed with Fire Stix 
The best part of Scorch was no long wait or fight for anything. The Bars were well stocked and the bartenders were plentiful. 

Even the people on line look happy! 

#thisIScarnival
My only complaint about Scorch was the stage. When I see a stage at a fete I expect to see performers. Now, I will admit I did not stay until the end of Scorch but while I was there the stage was filled with people who wanted to take full advantage of the opportunity for 5 minutes of carnival fame. You know the scene... women trying their hardest to show off their whining skills, selfie photo shoots, and a lot of random behavior. Now, let's not get it twisted  carnival is about all of that, but I don't need it on stage. After a while it became too much!

Overall- 
I give scorch a 9 out of 10.
My two wishes for the promoters:
1. Scorch should come to Brooklyn for Labor Day.
2. More entertainment -use the stage, hire a clown, rent a mechanical bull--some type of unique touch that will make Scorch Epic!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...